Independent software developer Reggie Ashworth has released MAS AppDelete Lite 4.0.5, an update to his popular Mac application deletion utility via the Mac App Store. Users merely drag & drop the app they wish to uninstall onto the AppDelete Lite app to delete any app and its associated items.
You can drag any item that can be uninstalled onto AppDelete Lite: Applications, Widgets, Preference Panes, Plugins, Screensavers, etc. You can also activate AppDelete Lite in many ways: dragging items onto main window, onto dock icon, selecting in menu, dragging from Launchpad, and throwing items in the trash. When the preview screen appears you can uncheck any items you would like to exclude.
Users can also choose to delete the items, log only the items, or archive (copy) the items to a .zip file for safekeeping or reinstall at a later date. All uninstalled items are moved to the trash so users can immediately see which items were removed.
New in Version 4.0:
* All-New UI and revised workflow for the best AppDelete Lite experience ever
* Optimized for operation on El Capitan (still backwards compatible with Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks, Yosemite)
* Finds more files than ever before with new improved algorithm
* Now sandboxed to meet latest requirements for the Mac App Store
* File sizes and grouping for all items
* All latest technologies being utilized such as Automatic Reference Counting and Grand Central Dispatch
* All-New Genius Search
* Additional Preferences such as Ignore List and Protect Running Apps
* New Korean localization
* Updated Help file to make options more clear to user
* Brings Lite version up-to-date with AppDelete 4.2
* And More… (visit AppDelete Lite website for complete details)
* Optimized for Lion/Mountain Lion/Mavericks/Yosemite/El Capitan
* Helps delete Apps, Widgets, Preference Panes, Plugins, Screensavers, or anything that can be uninstalled and their associated items
* Fifteen included languages (English, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, Spanish, and Swedish)
* 64-bit performance
* Finds associated items that are visible, invisible, or hidden automatically
* Quick panels with filtering in the menu (Name, Size, Kind, Creation Date, Last Used Date)
* Pathnames in AppDelete Lite Info panel are clickable and will Reveal in Finder
* Icons in AppDelete Lite Info panel are clickable and will show Finder Get Info panel
* Quick panels have a search field to find items fast
* Can drop folders onto AppDelete Lite to find items inside for deletion
* Detects Apps and other items placed in trash
* Archive feature for safekeeping and transferring items to another Mac
* Log to record all activity
* Preference to protect Default apps
* And more…
AppDelete Lite 4.0.5 for Mac OS X is $3.99 via the Mac App Store. AppDelete Lite users can also upgrade to AppDelete for an additional $3.99, but only via the AppDelete/AppDelete Lite website.