Focus Matrix for Mac: The Smart Personal Organizer Based on the Eisenhower Method
XwaveSoft has released Focus Matrix 1.0, their smart task organizer app for macOS. The app’s organizational system is based on the “Eisenhower Box,” a productivity strategy created by U.S. President Dwight Eisenhower.
Using the Eisenhower Box method, Focus Matrix breaks tasks into one of four groups: “Important & Urgent,” “Important & Not Urgent,” “Not Important & Urgent,” and “Not Important & Not Urgent.” The color-coded four-square matrix layout of the app offers users a quick snapshot showing which tasks need to be completed immediately, and which can be pushed back until later, or safely delegated to someone else.
Users can quickly assign an importance level to any task, and to quickly change the priority of a task when needed, via a simple drag-and-drop of the task into another part of the matrix. Tasks can also be delegated to others, via email, iMessage, reminders, or even popular social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
* Offers two views: Matrix and List of Sections
* Quickly move tasks between sections using drag-and-drop
* Maximize any section with a double-click to get a closer look at its content
* Assign due dates to tasks
* Set reminders, so important deadlines are never missed
* Tasks approaching their due dates are automatically move from the “Not Urgent” to the “Urgent” category
* Automatic notification when tasks are moved between categories
* Easily delegate tasks via email, messages, and reminders
* Quickly share task lists to Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
* Edit multiple tasks at once
* Easily copy and paste tasks, both within Focus Matrix, and to/from other applications
* Comprehensive search and tags support
* Filter all tasks by tags and status. (Completed/Uncompleted)
* Configurable statistics and reports for completed tasks
* Password protection
* Also available for iOS devices
Pro version features:
* Synchronize all tasks across iPhone, iPad, and Mac
* Seamlessly integrate with Calendar application. (Synchronization of tasks, due and remind dates)
* Integration with Be Focused* includes synchronization of tasks and their statuses, and start a timer in Be Focused right from Focus Matrix
Focus Matrix 1.0 is free, and is available through the Mac App Store. An upgrade to the Pro version is $4.99, and is available via in-app purchase. As a special limited-time app launch offer, users can upgrade to Pro at a 30% discount, for $2.99 USD.