Just Press Record v2.0 – Award-Winning Voice and Audio Recording App
Inverurie, United Kingdom – Open Planet Software has introduced version 2.0 of their award-winning voice and audio recording app Just Press Record. Packed with new features that take advantage of the exciting new capabilities of iOS 10 and watchOS 3, Just Press Record is the perfect professional voice and audio recorder app to fit seamlessly into your day. Instant syncing of your recordings across all your devices using iCloud has already made users’ lives so much easier.
And now with speech to text transcription, fully searchable recordings in-app and in Spotlight as well as a brand new widget accessible right from the Lock Screen, Just Press Record truly is the perfect app for capturing ideas, thoughts and memos at home, in the studio or on the go. Record with a single tap on your iOS device, Apple Watch or Mac and instantly play back high quality audio across all your devices. The ideal tool for musicians, journalists, businesses, students, lecturers, audio professionals, podcasters or anyone who needs an incredibly simple and convenient way to capture audio.
Just Press Record won iMore Apple Watch App of the Year 2015 and has been featured in the New York Times and by Apple at WWDC 2016 as an example of good design.
* Multiple Devices – Play back and record on all your iOS devices, your Apple Watch and your Mac; giving you ultimate flexibility on how you use your recordings.
* iCloud – Recordings are saved straight to iCloud Drive so they sync instantly and automatically across all your devices.
* One-Tap Recording on all your devices – Record with a single tap on any of your devices. A new widget accessible from the Lock Screen and Notifications Center on iOS 10, a new Complication on watchOS 3, 3D Touch Quick Action on iOS and a menu bar icon on the Mac give users ultimate convenience.
* Speech To Text Transcription On iOS 10 – You can turn your speech into text on any iOS device running iOS 10.
* Easy Sharing on iOS – You can share transcriptions and audio to any of the apps and services you have set up on your device e.g. Dropbox, Mail, Messages. Your device’s share options are your only limitation.
* Stand Alone Recording On Apple Watch – You can record on your Apple Watch even when your iPhone is not around. The next time they connect, recordings made on Apple Watch will transfer to your other devices.
* Unlimited Recording Time – With unlimited recording time you can record just about anything, so long as you have enough storage on iCloud Drive!
* Background Recording On iOS – Browse your other apps while you record.
* Fully Searchable Recordings And Transcriptions On iOS 10 – You can search for specific recordings by keyword search of filename or transcript content. Either in-app or in Spotlight.
* Multitasking – Support on iPad for Slide Over and Split View.
* File Format – Recordings made on iOS devices and Apple Watch are saved in the iTunes M4A (AAC) format.
“Our mission for Just Press Record is to make it the most simple, most professional and most convenient way for users to record audio wherever they are, and instantly access it from all their devices via iCloud”, explains designer and developer Gordon Murrison. “And now that iOS 10 allows speech to text transcription and the new widget accessible from the Lock Screen, we have lifted our award-winning app to a whole new level.”
Located in tranquil Inverurie, United Kingdom, Open Planet Software is a small, privately held company founded in 2007 by Gordon Murrison and Gavin MacLean to create software for Mac OS X, iOS and watchOS. They are proud to be Scottish developers with a passion to instill every app they design with Apple’s principles of simplicity and elegance. Equally important is that their apps are solid and reliable, and ultimately deliver a great user experience. Driven by fanatical attention to detail, Open Planet Software embraces industry leading software engineering practices to ensure their applications meet the exacting standards expected by the Apple community. Copyright (C) 2007-2016 Open Planet Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone,iPad and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.