Green – Budget Forecasting Now Available on iPad
CoopToons announces the release of Green – Budget Forecasting 1.5, an update to their personal budgeting app developed exclusively for iOS devices. Green aims to be a “financial fortune teller” to make sure you “spend safe” by showing when you will exceed your bottom line, now or a year from now.
The app is geared toward those who want to be financially secure but hate all the work that goes into setting up a budget and sticking to budget categories like Food, Household and Utilities. After quickly entering in your recurring expense and income the app will project changes in your balance during the next year. This will eliminate “budget guessing.”
How Green Works:
* Enter your current account balance
* Enter your recurring income and expenses (Weekly, Monthly, Bi-Weekly, etc.)
* Green will show you your balance changes over the next year
* Green will show you how spending today will affect your future balance
* Experiment by adding, removing or adjusting a recurring transaction to see how it will affect your future balance
* Spend safe by knowing your future balance
Easy to Use:
Green – Budget Forecasting allows you to track individual day-to-day expenses in addition to your recurring budget. For day-to-day expenses simply press the “+” button to enter the transaction entry view, enter the amount, select the category and press save. This new transaction will now be in the “Pending” section of your financial feed. When the transaction clears your bank swipe left on the transaction to reveal the “Cleared” option. Press the “Cleared” button, update amount if necessary and press “Confirm.” All balances will be updated to reflect the changes.
Recurring expenses and income use the same transaction view for entry. In addition to the amount and category you can also enter a date, recurrence period and notes. Upcoming transaction will appear in “Next 30 Days” section of your financial feed and in the “Budget Elements” of the settings menu. Tapping on a transaction will take you back to the transaction detail view so that you can make change if needed. This gives you the ability to experiment with amounts allowing you to answer questions like, “How much more can I pay on that credit card to get out of debt earlier?” or “Where do I need to cut back to buy that new car?”
With Green you will know:
* Your lowest anticipated balance within the next year
* Today’s predicted balance after current pending transactions
* The balance that should be sitting in your bank account right now
Green – Budget Forecasting doesn’t require you to create a user name and password since the app doesn’t download live transactions from your financial institutions. This is in an effort to maintain your security and privacy. All of the data is manually entered and maintained via Apple’s built-in security. But don’t think it will be hard to maintain your budget because of this; once you enter your recurring expense and income you only have to enter single transactions (Dining Out, Shopping, Etc.). For your added security you can add a 4 digit pin that will be entered (or use touch ID) to unlock the app.
Gary Cooper from CoopToons tried out many personal finance apps but none of them did what he needed or they were too complicated. “I was looking for a budget app that would tell me when my lowest balance would be in the next year so that I wouldn’t overspend” he said. Gary found that all of the apps he tried were complicated and lack providing the information he thought was most important. “I wasn’t concerned with what I had spent, I wanted to know what I could spend.” Being a designer and developer, Gary thought “If I can’t find it, I’ll make it and hopefully others will be able to feel more secure with their finances as well.”
* Track multiple accounts
* Setup recurring transactions
* Forecast your balance up to a year
* Quickly track spending as it happens
* See the three most important balances
* Reconcile your transactions with your bank
* Add your own income and expense categories
* Visualize your income, expenses and spending trends
* Protect your sensitive data with a password code and/or touch ID
* Never provide bank or bill info for your peace of mind and security
Green – Budget Forecasting 1.5 is available at a price of $1.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Finance category. Review copies are available on request.