Ping Out to Kill the Business Card and the Network
The digital business card is not a new endeavour in the world of tech, but despite many valiant efforts, none have managed to replace its analog predecessor. Ping, which launches today, hopes to change all that. By removing the dependency for two people to both have the application, it is an experience that is not only incredibly simple to use, but it adds greater layers of value beyond simply sharing your contact details. By entering just one email address, Ping 1.0 does the following:
* Share – Sends your new contact your personal profile via email, which includes a selection of customisable prompts to inspire new conversation or further connections
* Learn – Discover more about the person you met and the company they work for, as well as one click to find them on alternative social networks
* Track – Explore your connections by when you met them, and add notes to each contact as reminders as you see fit
Ping is the first product from Wurqs – an early stage tech company in London with grand ambitions to build a personal development platform and community for young professionals.
“Ping was born from a personal frustration with having a super computer in my pocket, and not having a simple way to exchange information with the people I meet,” explained Carl Martin, Founder of Wurqs. “We’ve seen so many people sending others blank emails as a way to connect, and knew there must be a way to capitalise on that behaviour. Building your ‘network’ has notions of being highly transactional, and more about breadth than depth of connections. Ping hopes to help people build broader networks, but our energy is on inspiring a greater depth of connection with each new person. It might not look it now, but it is the very start of our plans to build the world’s largest personal development community for professionals.”
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 9.0 or later
* 21.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Ping 1.0 is Free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Business category. For more information, please contact Carl Martin.