RailModeller Pro 6.0 Introduces Community Layouts
Isle of the Kakapo is today proud to announce the release and immediate availability of RailModeller Pro 6.0, their model railroad and slot car layout design solution for macOS. The app offers sophisticated tools that enable hobbyists to quickly design model train and slot car track layouts via drag & drop, features libraries for more than 200 popular track systems as well as scalable libraries for accessories usable across all model scales, and offers customizable views of track layouts in both two and three dimensions.
This latest major update of RailModeller Pro introduces Community Layouts enabling users of the app to easily:
* Share and present layouts in the cloud:
Layouts are seamlessly uploaded to the cloud using the new Share button in the toolbar making them instantly available for all users of the app to view and discuss with just a few clicks – without leaving the app.
* Browse layouts created by the community:
As the collection of layouts grows it becomes a great source of inspiration for building your own railway empire – or you can simply enjoy what others have built and browse the layouts by model scale, author, upload date or other criteria.
* ‘Like’ great layouts:
By ‘liking’ layouts that are particularly nice users can help other users in the community to discover great layouts as they show up in the category of popular layouts.
* Get in touch:
The community makes it easy to get in touch with fellow model railroaders to ask questions, comment on layouts or just talk about this great hobby – while at the same time protecting user privacy by providing full control over who can see their contact information.
RailModeller Pro’s easy-to-use interface allows track designers to create layouts of up to 10km x 10km or 6.2 x 6.2 miles organized in up to 99 layers. The app includes all components to complete a train or slot car track layout, including flex tracks, buildings, symbols, and other items in scales from T (1:450) all the way up to G or IIm (1:22.5) and scalable accessories adjusting to any model scale. Track elements can be dropped onto the layout, rotated, and positioned where desired, users can simply click to append one or more track elements in the layout, create tunnel sections, add graphical shapes, arrows, dimensions, import background images and specify baseboards to indicate the available space for a train layout.
RailModeller Pro automatically generates a shopping list, (including prices), as the layout is created, making for an easy reference when it comes time to purchase required components for the layout. An integrated stock management maintains the inventory of tracks already purchased, displaying the number of tracks remaining in stock when working on a specific layout or filtering the shopping list to show only missing tracks that need to be purchased to complete the layout.
* A library catalog featuring libraries for more than 200 track systems for all popular manufacturers of model train tracks
* Covers model scales from T (1:450) up to G or IIm (1:22.5)
* A clean and intuitive, Mac like user experience
* An automatically adapting drawing canvas never running out of space
* Sophisticated, yet easy to use tools to quickly build awesome model train layouts
* Assistants that allow placing tracks at arbitrary heights, creating track grades, insert parallel tracks or close gaps
* Integrated support for setting up baseboards
* Dedicated tools for creating tunnel sections
* Advanced functionality for creating selections
* Clean-up wizards for complex layouts
* Customizable viewing modes for visualizing the track layout in two and three dimensions
* Automatically generates shopping lists as the design is laid out
* The built-in stock tracking feature keeps track of items already owned
* Print layouts in any scale from a single sheet of paper to full-sized 1:1 scale
* Image import in various formats (PNG, JPEG, PSD, GIF, TIFF, PDF, and others)
* Export track layouts in numerous image file formats at any resolution
* An integrated help manual
RailModeller Pro 6.0 is available for only $39.99 through the Mac App Store. [GET IT HERE]