Cheetah3D 7.2 Adds Support for HEVC, ProRes, IES Lights, More
MW3D-Solutions today is happy to announce Cheetah3D 7.2. The biggest change in Cheetah3D 7.2 is probably the complete rewrite of the movie import/export code. Cheetah3D is using the AVFoundation framework now, which offers much faster and better movie export. It also supports new state of the art movie codecs like HEVC. Professional users will enjoy the added ProRes workflow.
Cheetah3D unbiased render engine Falcon also saw some nice additions like support for IES lights, Filmic tone mapping and improved soft shadows.
Major new features in Cheetah3D 7.2:
* Upgraded form QTKit framework to AVFoundation framework
* Added support for HEVC (just on High Sierra), ProRes422 and ProRes4444 video codecs
* Much faster multithreaded movie export
* Added .gif exporter to Render Manager
* Added support for the iMac Pro with up to 18 CPU cores (and 36 threads )
* Added support for IES light profiles
* Added support for filmic tone mapping to Falcon renderer
* Added support for soft shadows to non-physical light sources in Falcon
* And much much more
Pricing and Availability:
Cheetah3D 7.0 is priced at $99.00 (USD) for a single-user license. Customers may upgrade from older version for $59.00 (USD). For customers who purchased Cheetah3D 6.x after April 1st 2015, the Upgrade to v7 is free.