Screen Saver Collection Brings Screen Saver Fun Back to the Mac
Johansson Design today is proud to announce the release and immediate availability of their collection of Screen Savers for macOS. The collection offers a wide variety of animated modern, pop-culture inspired screen savers that are both practical and a fun form of self-expression.
Screen Savers by Johansson Design offer a collection of 15 screen savers, each of which are uniquely designed to provide entertainment, the time of day, or just a pleasing screen-saving design. Designs include eye-catching clocks, color bars, stickers, sport logos, emoji, and many more.
“While screen savers have been a part of macOS since day one, they’ve been ignored by Apple and I think that’s a mistake,” says designer Bjorn Johansson. “I believe screen savers have a lot of untapped potential, and I like creating them because they serve as a unique outlet for both my design and coding skills. My screen savers can be used as a form of self-expression which communicates something about the users. Or they can simply be a fun way to set your Mac apart from all of the others, like stickers on a laptop.”
Currently, there are 15 different screen savers available:
* MacClock – Features four “squared” recreations of Apple Watch faces
* Grid Systems – A clock inspired by the book, “Grid Systems in Graphic Design”
* Color Circle Clock – A rudimentary color circle turned into a stylish clock
* Points in Time – A digital clock featuring animated halftone digits
* SMPTE Color Bars – Simulates SMPTE color bars television test pattern
* EXIT – Turn your screen into a New York City Building Authority Exit Sign
* Mon Monogram – Features the iconic LV pattern.
* Supreme Monogram – Features the most hyped update to the LV pattern since Murakami.
* Red White Stickers – Barbara Kruger inspired stickers with custom text
* Long Ago Time – Star Wars inspired clock screen saver
* Emoji Matrix – Choose from 8 Emoji categories
* Teams of New York – Logos of all of the famous New York sports teams
* The SF Trilogy – A trilogy of screen savers based on Apple’s San Francisco typeface
Bjorn Johansson thinks that if Apple ever does release their much-rumored TV, the screen saver will become a viable medium for artists to offer their works. While there are a few digital art screens currently available on the market, none of them are likely to ever reach mass market adoption, which is why screen savers are much better suited for bringing digital art into potentially millions of people’s homes. To stay ahead of the curve in this hopefully burgeoning field, future screen savers by Bjorn will focus on artistic expressions.
“Johansson Design is probably the only company around actively designing and releasing screen savers for the Mac these days. I really hope my work will inspire both developers and artists to start creating more beautiful and interesting screen savers,” shares Bjorn.
The Screen Savers collection is just the latest project for Johansson Design. Previous projects include the BIG-ASS MESSAGE website, which has been used to create over 25 million messages so far. The “Him” website is based on the movie “Her,” and is possibly the first website users can talk to. More information about those projects, and others, are available at the Johansson Design website.
* 10.9 Mavericks or higher (Some require 10.11 El Capitan or higher)
Pricing and Availability:
All of the Screen Savers by Johansson Design are free and are available worldwide exclusively through the Johansson Design website. While all of the screen savers are free to download, users can pay any amount they like if they’re feeling generous.