Popular Mac 2D CAD Program CADintosh Version 8.4.1 Now Available
Lemke Software GmbH today has announced the release and immediate availability of CADintosh 8.4.1, an important update to its popular high performance 2D CAD program. The app offers a wide variety of CAD tools to users who need to create professional technical, mechanical, and architectural drawings.
CADintosh is designed for use by Technical Draftsmen and Designers and provides a massive number of usability and workflow advantages. The number of CAD elements that can be used is limited only by the available memory of the user’s Mac. Pre-settings are saved with each drawing. The app offers 8 pens with fully definable line widths and colors, 6 different line types, and supports 1,024 layers.
* Comfortable and simple User Interface
* Number of elements only limited by the Mac’s available memory
* Pre-settings saved for each drawing
* Includes 8 pens with freely definable line widths and line colors
* Includes 6 different line types
* Offers line widths from 0.0 to 99.99 mm
* Each element can be designated a different color and width
* Functions for lines, circles, dimensioning, hatching, X-lines, etc.
* Allows up to 32,000 groups
* Supports up to 1,024 layers
* Offers Complex layer management
* Easy import and export of DXF, HPGL, IGES and PDF formatted files
* 64-bit and unicode support
* Support for symbol libraries for the import and export of symbols
* Alternative units (i.e. inches)
* Runs natively on macOS
* Supports Retina displays
* Helpful Tutorial
CADintosh creates drawings that are composed of layers that can be conveniently organized into groups. The app supports up to 1,024 layers and up to 32,000 groups. The app’s wide variety of design tools can be used to create professional CAD drawings.
Using CADintosh’s easy-to-use tools, anyone can easily create lines, circles, text, dimensions, X-lines, hatching, and set scale within their drawing. 8 different pens of variable widths, colors, and styles are conveniently accessed from the in-app drop-down menus. 6 types of lines are available, including full line, dotted line, chain line, dotted line with two dots, zigzag line, and short dotted line. Line widths are adjustable from 0.0 to 99.99 mm and can be set to different colors and widths.
CADintosh 8.4.1 brings several new and updated features. The update also provides bug fixes and performance enhancements.
* Added additional page frames
* Added scroll/zoom preferences
* Updated Sparkle update framework
* Optimized the display speed of very large drawings
* Transform rotate – new option -1 to rotate without rotation of text angle
* Added more imperial scales
* Fixed the drawing order bug
* Fixed the display issues with macOS 10.14 (Mojave)
CADintosh can easily import and export several file types in CADintosh including DXF, HPGL, IGES and PDF. The app already includes a selection of internal symbols, but paid users can also import and export symbol libraries. Created symbols can be saved in an archive. All projects can be created in either imperial or metric units.
* macOS 10.8 or later
* macOS 10.14 Mojave Compatible
* 77.6 MB
CADintosh 8.4.1 is $33.99 and is available in the Mac App Store. It can also be directly purchased online from the Lemkesoft website for $32.00. Version 8.4.1 is a free update for all CADintosh 8.x users. Upgrades from 1.x-7.x to 8.x is only $19.95 (USD) from the Lemke website.