Today in History App Allows Users to Relive Iconic Historical Events
Downshift LLC, an emerging mobile application development firm, has recently launched the latest version of their app, Today in History. The app lists historical events that took place on the same day.
People say that history repeats itself, but the reality is that we can learn from the failures of the past. With so much happening around us, itâs hard to keep things in context. We wanted an easy, quick, and consistent way to keep us engaged with history,â explains Manuel Zamora, Founder, Downshift LLC, while explaining the foundation of the Today in History app. âWeâve now made it easier than ever, with our reminders feature, to make sure that humanitiesâ great achievements are never forgotten.â
Each day, the app features iconic global events that took place in the history on the same day. The app hosts compelling pictures, powerful quotes, and headlines that stopped the world in its tracks.
Today in History offers the following key features:
* Easy access to over 100k historical events, with opportunities for exploration and moving images
* Quote of the day: Timeless wisdom from iconic historical figures
* Headlines: Details on the significant events that shaped our world
* Categories: Find specific content as per your need; events, births, deaths and more
* Share: Easy to share exciting tidbits and trivia with your friends via social media
* Reminders: Receive epic notifications, several of them a day to keep you posted of engaging facts
* Widget: See top event daily on your âTodayâ feed
* Watch: See top events, updated daily, on your wrist
The new version, besides bug fixes and enhancements, offers the following:
* Improved reminders and notifications. Set a time range and number of reminders per day
* Added categories and link details, now you can see all your favorite events in greater detai
* Improved onboarding
* Updated for iOS 12
* Fixes to sharing and other notable features
Today in History makes it easy to be in touch with the great successes and failures of our past. The more connected to our history we are, the better positioned we are to make positive changes. Regardless of what generation we were born into, letâs remember the human attributes that have continually shaped and reshaped our world,â quips Manuel.
Today In History 5.0.1 is currently free (With In-App Purchases) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category.