MacUpdater Allows Updating of Multiple Apps at Once
CoreCode has released MacUpdater 1.4.3, the extensive update to their popular app updating utility for macOS. MacUpdater scans any Mac’s Application folder, quickly identifying installed applications that have updates available. Apps are then updated with just a few clicks of the mouse.
The new version of MacUpdater is a significant update, adding the ability to update multiple apps at once, allowing in-progress updates to be cancelled, and users can make backups of old apps and downloaded installers. The app also improves the ability to show the correct “latest version” for users that are running a beta of the app they wish to update.
What’s New in Version 1.4.3:
* MacUpdater’s new Update Queue allows multiple apps to be updated at once
* In-progress updates can now be cancelled
* The height of the MacUpdater window can be increased to allow viewing more apps at once
* The correct ‘Latest Version’ is shown, even if a newer version is installed. (e.g. a beta)
* All-new info-button displays release notes and information about the app and its update
* Download URL displays while downloading updates
* New feedback dialogue for problems with apps or updates
* New option to make backups of replaced old apps
* New option to make backups of downloaded installers
* Fully localized into Brazilian Portuguese and Spanish (v1.4.0)
* Fully localized into Russian and Dutch (v1.4.2)
MacUpdater runs quietly in the background, checking installed Mac apps for updates on a daily basis. The utility notifies users when updates are available. Users can also manually scan their apps for available updates. Filtering options allow users to display only outdated apps, or to ignore apps they don’t wish to update.
As of version 1.4.3, users can adjust the height of the MacUpdate window, allowing them to view a longer list of their apps, making it easier to select multiple apps for updating. Plus, the new info-button allows users to quickly view release notes and other information about the updates.
Users will also be glad to learn that MacUpdater can now make backups of the old version of the app, which will come in handy in case they aren’t happy with the app’s updates. Backups of the downloaded installation programs can also be made, making it easy to reinstall apps if needed.
MacUpdater not only checks for available app updates, in most cases the utility can also download and install the update for you. When MacUpdater can’t automatically update an app, it can launch the app’s updater for you. The app even detects when Mac App Store apps need an update. While MacUpdater can’t update those apps, it can open the Mac App Store, allowing users to update their apps inside the Store. Even more, MacUpdater is able to show you updates to major new versions of your installed apps that have been uploaded as separate new apps to the store, which is something that the Mac App Store itself can not do.
MacUpdater can detect available updates for more than 37,500 apps, and the list is growing every day. The app can automatically update around 2,500 popular apps with the click of a button on the updates release date. 5,000 other apps can be auto-updated within a few days of their release.
30,000 apps can be scanned for updates, but cannot as yet be updated from within MacUpdater, this is because some application vendors, including Microsoft and Adobe, don’t allow updates outside of their closed systems. However, the CoreCode team is working on that, so stay tuned.
MacUpdater’s new features join an already excellent set of features, including:
* Automatic tracking of the latest updates available for installed Mac apps
* Finds the latest version that’s compatible with the installed macOS version
* Apps with updates listed in red for easy detection
* Provides one-click update for many apps, just click the “Update” button for any app
* Loads at startup, runs quietly in the background
* Low impact on system resources
* Notifies users when updates are available
* Filter Bar: Show all apps, or just apps that are not up-to-date
* Menu Bar icon indicates how many app updates are available
* Use concurrently on up to 5 Macs
* Free trial download allows updating 10 apps
* Total Privacy: No registration needed
* Pay just once, no subscription required
MacUpdater 1.4.3 is a free download and is available worldwide exclusively through the CoreCode website. Users can scan for updates for free and update up to 10 apps for free. Users can pay $9.99 USD (or an equivalent amount in other currencies) to unlock the ability to update additional apps. Review copies are available upon request.