Default Folder Update Improves Performance, Previews and Fixes Bugs
St. Clair Software announces Default Folder X 5.4.3. This release of its award-winning utility for enhancing Open and Save dialogs delivers better performance when interacting with the Finder, ForkLift and Path Finder, as well as when saving files over slow networks. It also refines Default Folder X’s on-the-fly previews, which are available as you browse files using its menus and in Open dialogs. The new enhancements and AppleScript commands speed up user workflows, and more than a dozen issues and bugs have been addressed.
The custom keyboard shortcuts put your favorite and recent folders at your fingertips. Pop-up menus let you navigate your folders and open Finder windows. Previews, file information, Spotlight tagging and comments are there when you need them. Open, save, and get back to work: Default Folder X speeds your workflow by making file management fast and efficient.
- Faster interaction with the Finder, ForkLift and Path Finder
- Improved speed when saving files over slow networks
- Refined preview capabilities
- Additional AppleScript commands to manage Default Folder X’s drawer in the Finder and to display its menus
- Fixes for a number of compatibility issues, including problems with Pro Tools, Fission, TotalFinder and macOS’s screen capture
Default Folder X 5.4.3 is a free update for existing version 5 users. New licenses are $34.95 (USD) and upgrades from version 4 and prior are $14.95. Please see the St. Clair Software website for screencasts, screenshots, a full change log, and additional feature information.