LinkOptimizer Update Adds New Duplicate Image Name Options
Zevrix Solutions releases LinkOptimizer 5.4.15, an update to image processing automation tool for Adobe InDesign. LinkOptimizer automates complex image manipulation tasks and allows users to reduce the size of InDesign links, save processing time, and decrease production costs.
Version 5.4.15 adds advanced options for the naming of duplicate InDesign links during processing. Users can now assign unique names to duplicates by using a random number or by appending a serial number to the variable file name. With this update, it also improves memory management and addresses a bug in InDesign that caused an error when updating links during analyzing on macOS Catalina.
“LinkOptimizer has changed my life and saved me days and days of work as a retoucher for an international quarterly magazine,” says Steve Krason of Chicago based SK Design Group. “It’s a lifesaver”.
LinkOptimizer works automatically with Adobe Photoshop to eliminate the excess image data of InDesign links, perform essential image adjustments and convert various image formats.
- Scale and crop images to match their dimensions in InDesign
- Change their resolution to 300 ppi
- Convert all RGB images to CMYK
- Resave all JPEG images as TIFF
- Run a Photoshop Action on each image
At the end of processing, LinkOptimizer will reimport images to InDesign at 100% in their precise position. The resulting savings of disk space, time and resources can be dramatic:
- Save gigabytes of disk space
- Accelerate document output
- Save endless hours – and even days – of manually optimizing image size, resolution and formats
- Reduce job turnaround drastically and cut costs through faster processing
LinkOptimizer can be purchased from Zevrix website for $259.95 USD (Light version: $179.95) as well as from Adobe Exchange and authorized resellers. Trial is also available for download. The update is free for LinkOptimizer 5.x users and $130 to upgrade from previous versions. LinkOptimizer requires macOS 10.8-10.15 and Adobe InDesign / Photoshop CS5-2020.