Inko 2.0 Brings Remote Whiteboarding
Creaceed releases Inko 2.0, an upgrade to their collaborative whiteboard app for iOS, Mac and Apple TV. Inko 2.0 brings collaborative drawing over the Internet as well as a new Mac Catalyst app. This version also comes with an updated user interface and support for modern iOS features such as high-performance Metal rendering, Dark Mode, and Smart Screenshots.
This app lets multiple users draw together on the same virtual whiteboard with instant feedback. This is a great tool for schools and businesses alike as Inko can be used during meetings, brainstorming sessions and school group work. Inko also offers a remarkable drawing experience through its extensive support for Apple Pencil, as well as a beautiful pixel-free visualization with vibrant colors on wide color displays (P3). Inko’s peer-to-peer connectivity makes infrastructure network or internet access superfluous, offering a one-tap setup process that permits easy deployment in any environment. Moreover, Inko 2.0 now offers remote drawing over the Internet, bringing richer interactions with people from other places or even all around the world.
Macs can now also join other iOS devices thanks to Inko’s new Mac Catalyst app. Combined with video conferencing, Inko 2.0 is thus a key tool for remote collaboration, group work, or 1-to-1 teaching. The free Apple TV companion app enables live mirroring of contents on large displays, up to 4K, at a fraction of the cost of dedicated interactive whiteboards by reusing standard multi-purpose equipment (tablets, TVs), and it also offers innovative interaction with the remote as a laser pointer.
New features in this version:
- Remote collaboration over the Internet to draw with anyone around the world
- A Mac Catalyst app that brings the Inko experience to the Mac. Join or create a drawing group using your Mac, along with iPad, iPhone, and Apple TV
- High-performance Metal rendering
- Support of modern iOS features: Dark Mode, Universal Link, SF Symbols, Smart Screenshot, Siri Shortcuts
Other features include:
- Beautiful pixel-free visualization with vibrant colors (on P3 displays)
- Extensive Apple Pencil support with finger action, angle, pressure, high-speed & predictive sampling
- Real-time drawing: highly responsive, “appears-as-it-happens” multi-user drawing with no lag including from remote locations
- Dynamic trails: participants’ labels on drawing trails that show who is currently drawing
- Nearby collaboration: nomadic connectivity for local devices, even without Wi-Fi access point (peer-to-peer or LAN)
- Remote Collaboration: seamless connectivity over the Internet for global reach via invitation link sharing
- Up to 8 participants for peer-to-peer connectivity or 12 participants for LAN/Internet
- Group saving for quick setup of future sessions
- Security & privacy: TLS connection between devices (nearby) and end-to-end encryption with daily data removal on server (remote)
- No account creation
- Reliable syncing and multi-user undo/redo
- Pen tool with two sizes & one calligraphic variant. Eraser tool with two sizes
- Ephemeral highlighter tool. On Apple TV, motion-driven, laser pointer-like control with the remote
- Hi-res PDF export for a productive workflow
- iCloud sync for personal drawings
- Free Apple TV companion app
Inko 2.0 can be freely downloaded on the Mac App Store. Multi-user collaboration requires a subscription.
Apple TV companion app is a free download on the App Store and has no limitation. Existing owners of Collaboration Pack (Inko 1) automatically receive a complementary lifetime subscription to the Nearby Plan. Existing Hero Plan subscribers (Inko 1) are automatically promoted to the Remote Plan with additional features & a lower price.