Pixelmator Pro 1.5 Avalon adds full support for macOS Catalina, the new Mac Pro, and Pro Display XDR, brings intelligent, machine-learning powered noise removal, includes big performance improvements, and a whole lot more.
• Pixelmator Pro is now fully compatible with macOS Catalina, including support for Sidecar and SF Symbols.
• Take full advantage of the power of the new Mac Pro thanks to multi-GPU support and an optimized Metal architecture in Pixelmator Pro.
• Unlock new RAW editing workflows with the new Pro Display XDR and EDR Mode in Pixelmator Pro to use the full 1600-nit peak brightness of the incredible new display.
• Use the new ML Denoise to intelligently remove noise and even image compression artifacts from photos.
• Enjoy significant performance improvements to zooming and scrolling (at least 10x), effects (up to 3x), and painting (up to 2x).
• Zooming and scrolling are now at least 10 times faster thanks to asynchronous rendering. Plus, it’s always responsive, even if the image preview isn’t quite yet ready.
• Zooming is even faster in any Mac with multiple GPUs as any integrated, discrete, and external GPUs will be used to speed it up.
• Effects will now be applied and rendered up to 3 times faster.
• All painting tools (including brush-based retouching tools) are now up to 2 times faster.
• The Color Adjustments, Effects, and Zoom tools now have shortcut menus on the canvas to adjust image zoom and customize viewing.
• For any images without a color profile, the Info bar will now show No Color Profile instead of Device RGB.
• The standard sRGB IEC61966-2.1 color profile will now be shortened to sRGB in the Info bar.
• In the Color Profile pop-up menu, None has been moved to the bottom of the list and any custom color spaces will be shown at the top.
• The Select Color Range tool now makes better selections of dark regions.
• The Free mode in the Free Transform Mode has been renamed to Resize (because that’s what it actually does).
• An alert will now appear when documents cannot be saved due to insufficient permissions.
• An updated version of the Gilbert Color font adds Katakana characters.
• Text in SVG files was being displayed incorrectly. Fixed.
• Using the Export command in the File menu would sometimes export smaller than expected images. Fixed.
• Attempting to save documents with very complex selections would sometimes cause Pixelmator Pro to quit unexpectedly. Fixed.
• Images with large custom color spaces would be opened incorrectly. Fixed.
• When copying and pasting between documents, certain layers would occasionally be positioned incorrectly. Fixed.
• Occasionally, when painting on layers, they would shift slightly. Fixed.
• When converting rotated vector shapes into pixels, they would sometimes shift slightly. Fixed.
• In some regions, the Color LCD color profile would not be displayed correctly in the Color Profile and Export windows. Fixed.
• When using the Free Selection tool, the cursor would not update when moving it from the Tool Options pane onto the canvas. Fixed.
• On rare occasions, Pixelmator Pro would stop responding or quit unexpectedly when resizing text. Fixed.