We all want to have the best travel experiences, but we don’t always have time to do extensive research and so we miss out on incredible opportunities. We get the best recommendations when we ask our friends, but it can be hard to track them down and have them curate a list for us. On the other hand, when we do find great experiences we don’t share many of them with our friends for fear of bombarding their social news feeds or coming across like we’re bragging. Spotted Places solves this problem by making it fun to share your favorite spots and see spots recommended by your network around the world.
Spotted Places allows you to visually explore the world from your phone. By choosing who to follow, you can customize your map and trust the recommendations you receive, resulting in a human and social traveling experience. You can see where your friends have been and stay up to date with their latest adventures, unlocking those hidden gems we’re all looking for. You can leave your mark on the world by sharing spots you love, which creates a list of travel adventures that your followers can see. This makes Spotted Places an amazing travel companion app.
Travel doesn’t have to be once a year; Spotted Places can help you travel locally as well as globally! You can easily discover hidden treasures nearby for your next weekend trip or evening out. By following your friends’ adventures, you can build a list of places to go and things to do. Spotted Places makes the world small, with a swipe of the map you can easily explore the other side of the globe.
Some of Spotted Places highlights include:
* The map hub – The easy to use map lets you visually explore the world and find things to do anywhere, anytime. With its dynamic design, zooming in and out will make the best content appear right at your fingertips.
* Follow people you trust – Following a user features their spots more prominently on the map, allowing you to see the places your network thinks are truly great and gives you a personalized experience. The spots posted by the people you follow also show up on the newsfeed, helping you to stay up to date and discover places as your friends find them.
* Staying Positive – Spotted Places only shows the best experiences recommended by other users. If you don’t like a place, you don’t post it. This cuts down on unnecessary data and results in a map filled with only places worth exploring.
* Amazing content – Spotted Places has been partnering with hundreds of travel bloggers, foodies, and local experts to provide amazing places for you to discover. Don’t forget to add your own, too!
* Hoot a spot – If you think a spot is a “hoot” you can save it for later. This could either be a new spot you saw on the map, or a place you already love. This then shows up on your “hoots list” which are sorted by your current location, so you always know which spots to check out no matter where you are.
* Take action – Once you find a spot that you want to experience, Spotted Places allows you to call an Uber, get driving directions, or even book a hotel by tapping on an icon. Spend less time planning, and more time enjoying your trip.
Spotted Places 1.0 is Free and available through the App Store in the Travel category.